Red Sox at Cardinals World Series Game 4 Live Blog
|10.27.13 at 7:38 pm ET|
This is the 83rd time that the World Series has featured a 2-1 split after the first three games. In Game 4, the team that led the series has gone 42-41 in the fourth contest of the series, meaning that historically, this has been a toss-up game.
But the swing effect of this contest is considerable. Of the 42 teams that entered Game 4 leading the World Series and won to take a 3-1 advantage, 36 (86 percent) have gone on to win the World Series. Of the 41 teams that entered Game 4 trailing the World Series and won to tie the series, 2-2, 19 (54 percent) have gone on to win the World Series.
So: This is big.
With the Red Sox coming off a devastating 5-4 walkoff loss in Game 3, they face a formidable task as they look to rebound behind Clay Buchholz against the Cardinals on Sunday. Get all the latest news, analysis and insights from the Busch Stadium pressbox by joining the Game 4 live blog below.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected