Photos: World Series Game 5
|10.28.13 at 9:32 pm ET|
Below, you can make out the controversial “Silverado Strong” placards. The plan was for fans to hold up the placards during the third inning of the game to showcase Chevy’s long-standing commitment to baseball. Although the slogan appeared to be coincidental and unrelated to “Boston Strong,” the promotion was canceled after receiving negative backlash on social media.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox