Photos: World Series Game 5
|10.28.13 at 9:32 pm ET|
It’s our last day in St. Louis before the World Series shifts back to Boston. To see all our photos from Monday, click here.
Below, you can make out the controversial “Silverado Strong” placards. The plan was for fans to hold up the placards during the third inning of the game to showcase Chevy’s long-standing commitment to baseball. Although the slogan appeared to be coincidental and unrelated to “Boston Strong,” the promotion was canceled after receiving negative backlash on social media.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft