Red Sox at Cardinals World Series Game 5 live blog
|10.28.13 at 7:25 pm ET|
It’s all tied up after a pair of wild games in St. Louis, with both teams left in shock after endings that had never before been seen in the postseason. After the Cardinals won Game 3 on an obstruct-off (the obstruction call that led to Allen Craig being awarded the winning run), the Red Sox rebounded with a pick-off (when Koji Uehara picked off Kolten Wong — ironically, in the game as a pinch-runner for Craig — for the final out of a 4-2 victory in Game 4). Now, the two teams will compete to see who has the advantage as the series shifts to Boston, with Jon Lester facing off against Adam Wainwright in Game 5, a rematch of the contest that transpired in the Sox’ blowout Game 1 victory.
For all the latest news, analysis and updates from Busch Stadium, join the WEEI and WEEI.com live blog, below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs