Red Sox at Cardinals World Series Game 5 live blog
|10.28.13 at 7:25 pm ET|
It’s all tied up after a pair of wild games in St. Louis, with both teams left in shock after endings that had never before been seen in the postseason. After the Cardinals won Game 3 on an obstruct-off (the obstruction call that led to Allen Craig being awarded the winning run), the Red Sox rebounded with a pick-off (when Koji Uehara picked off Kolten Wong — ironically, in the game as a pinch-runner for Craig — for the final out of a 4-2 victory in Game 4). Now, the two teams will compete to see who has the advantage as the series shifts to Boston, with Jon Lester facing off against Adam Wainwright in Game 5, a rematch of the contest that transpired in the Sox’ blowout Game 1 victory.
For all the latest news, analysis and updates from Busch Stadium, join the WEEI and WEEI.com live blog, below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again