Red Sox at Cardinals World Series Game 5 live blog
|10.28.13 at 7:25 pm ET|
It’s all tied up after a pair of wild games in St. Louis, with both teams left in shock after endings that had never before been seen in the postseason. After the Cardinals won Game 3 on an obstruct-off (the obstruction call that led to Allen Craig being awarded the winning run), the Red Sox rebounded with a pick-off (when Koji Uehara picked off Kolten Wong — ironically, in the game as a pinch-runner for Craig — for the final out of a 4-2 victory in Game 4). Now, the two teams will compete to see who has the advantage as the series shifts to Boston, with Jon Lester facing off against Adam Wainwright in Game 5, a rematch of the contest that transpired in the Sox’ blowout Game 1 victory.
For all the latest news, analysis and updates from Busch Stadium, join the WEEI and WEEI.com live blog, below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest