Red Sox at Cardinals World Series Game 5 live blog
|10.28.13 at 7:25 pm ET|
It’s all tied up after a pair of wild games in St. Louis, with both teams left in shock after endings that had never before been seen in the postseason. After the Cardinals won Game 3 on an obstruct-off (the obstruction call that led to Allen Craig being awarded the winning run), the Red Sox rebounded with a pick-off (when Koji Uehara picked off Kolten Wong — ironically, in the game as a pinch-runner for Craig — for the final out of a 4-2 victory in Game 4). Now, the two teams will compete to see who has the advantage as the series shifts to Boston, with Jon Lester facing off against Adam Wainwright in Game 5, a rematch of the contest that transpired in the Sox’ blowout Game 1 victory.
For all the latest news, analysis and updates from Busch Stadium, join the WEEI and WEEI.com live blog, below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts