Red Sox at Cardinals World Series Game 5 live blog
|10.28.13 at 7:25 pm ET|
It’s all tied up after a pair of wild games in St. Louis, with both teams left in shock after endings that had never before been seen in the postseason. After the Cardinals won Game 3 on an obstruct-off (the obstruction call that led to Allen Craig being awarded the winning run), the Red Sox rebounded with a pick-off (when Koji Uehara picked off Kolten Wong – ironically, in the game as a pinch-runner for Craig — for the final out of a 4-2 victory in Game 4). Now, the two teams will compete to see who has the advantage as the series shifts to Boston, with Jon Lester facing off against Adam Wainwright in Game 5, a rematch of the contest that transpired in the Sox’ blowout Game 1 victory.
For all the latest news, analysis and updates from Busch Stadium, join the WEEI and WEEI.com live blog, below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Hassan stays hot; Victorino looks strong in rehab
- Cup of Coffee: Heller and Martinez lead Salem; Travis powers Lowell
- Red Sox acquire left-hander Ryan Verdugo from Royals
- Players of the Week, 7/7-13: Alex Hassan & Steven Wright
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson powers Greenville past Rome
- Cup of Coffee: Moore homers twice to power Spinners
- Weekly Notes: Boston turns to Vazquez, Owens' star shines bright
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero leads PawSox, Spinners fall at Fenway