Red Sox at Cardinals World Series Game 5 live blog
|10.28.13 at 7:25 pm ET|
It’s all tied up after a pair of wild games in St. Louis, with both teams left in shock after endings that had never before been seen in the postseason. After the Cardinals won Game 3 on an obstruct-off (the obstruction call that led to Allen Craig being awarded the winning run), the Red Sox rebounded with a pick-off (when Koji Uehara picked off Kolten Wong – ironically, in the game as a pinch-runner for Craig — for the final out of a 4-2 victory in Game 4). Now, the two teams will compete to see who has the advantage as the series shifts to Boston, with Jon Lester facing off against Adam Wainwright in Game 5, a rematch of the contest that transpired in the Sox’ blowout Game 1 victory.
For all the latest news, analysis and updates from Busch Stadium, join the WEEI and WEEI.com live blog, below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- April Players of the Month: Manuel Margot and Eduardo Rodriguez
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Devers stays hot; Augliera, Gragnani lead Portland
- Weekly Notes: Swihart makes major league debut
- Cup of Coffee: Rafael Devers explodes at the plate, Brian Johnson stumbles
- Cup of Coffee: Aro throws four perfect innings, Rodriguez improves to 3-0
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas tosses Portland past Reading
- Red Sox to recall top prospect Blake Swihart
- Ty Buttrey promoted to Salem; Dedgar Jimenez joins Drive
- Cup of Coffee: Wright dazzles; Salem, Greenville lose heartbreakers