Sox fans set to pay big money for Game 6 tickets
|10.29.13 at 2:18 pm ET|
The Red Sox will have the opportunity of a lifetime on Wednesday night at Fenway Park, as they have the chance to claim their third World Series title in the last 10 years. If they succeed, the Sox will secure a championship on their home field for the first time in 95 years.
For reference, the last time Boston clinched a World Series at Fenway in 1918, Woodrow Wilson was in the White House and World War I was still raging in Europe.
After winning the 2004 World Series in St. Louis and the 2007 Fall Classic in Denver, the Sox could celebrate a title in front of a packed Fenway, and that has Boston fans breaking the bank for a chance to see the game in person.
As of 2 p.m. on Tuesday, the average price for a Game 6 ticket is $2,186, according to TiqIq.com, making Wednesday night’s contest one of the most expensive sporting events in Boston’s history.
The cheapest seat in the house for Game 6, a right field standing-room ticket, costs $849 on Stubhub.com. The most expensive ticket listed on Stubhub is a field box seat listed at an incredible $42,079.
Perhaps due to the fact that most fans simply cannot afford to shell out that much money for a single game, there still plenty of tickets available, as Stubhub still has 2,048 seats left to sell.
It may cost a pretty penny, but if the Red Sox are able to hoist the Commissioner’s Trophy in front of over 37,000 rabid fans on Wednesday, there surely won’t be many regrets by the end of the night.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins