Sox fans set to pay big money for Game 6 tickets
|10.29.13 at 2:18 pm ET|
The Red Sox will have the opportunity of a lifetime on Wednesday night at Fenway Park, as they have the chance to claim their third World Series title in the last 10 years. If they succeed, the Sox will secure a championship on their home field for the first time in 95 years.
For reference, the last time Boston clinched a World Series at Fenway in 1918, Woodrow Wilson was in the White House and World War I was still raging in Europe.
After winning the 2004 World Series in St. Louis and the 2007 Fall Classic in Denver, the Sox could celebrate a title in front of a packed Fenway, and that has Boston fans breaking the bank for a chance to see the game in person.
As of 2 p.m. on Tuesday, the average price for a Game 6 ticket is $2,186, according to TiqIq.com, making Wednesday night’s contest one of the most expensive sporting events in Boston’s history.
The cheapest seat in the house for Game 6, a right field standing-room ticket, costs $849 on Stubhub.com. The most expensive ticket listed on Stubhub is a field box seat listed at an incredible $42,079.
Perhaps due to the fact that most fans simply cannot afford to shell out that much money for a single game, there still plenty of tickets available, as Stubhub still has 2,048 seats left to sell.
It may cost a pretty penny, but if the Red Sox are able to hoist the Commissioner’s Trophy in front of over 37,000 rabid fans on Wednesday, there surely won’t be many regrets by the end of the night.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule