Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino batting sixth in return to lineup; Clay Buchholz available in bullpen
|10.30.13 at 2:59 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said on WEEI on Wednesday afternoon that Shane Victorino, after missing Games 4 and 5 of the World Series due to tightness in his lower back, will return to the lineup and bat sixth as the Red Sox look to clinch a championship in Game 6 of the World Series on Wednesday. As Farrell had stated on Tuesday, David Ross will serve as the catcher for John Lackey, while Jonny Gomes is back in the lineup and starting in left field, with Daniel Nava moved back to the bench.
Farrell also said that right-hander Clay Buchholz is available to contribute out of the bullpen in either Game 6 or Game 7.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Shane Victorino, RF
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
David Ross, C
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando