Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino batting sixth in return to lineup; Clay Buchholz available in bullpen
|10.30.13 at 2:59 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said on WEEI on Wednesday afternoon that Shane Victorino, after missing Games 4 and 5 of the World Series due to tightness in his lower back, will return to the lineup and bat sixth as the Red Sox look to clinch a championship in Game 6 of the World Series on Wednesday. As Farrell had stated on Tuesday, David Ross will serve as the catcher for John Lackey, while Jonny Gomes is back in the lineup and starting in left field, with Daniel Nava moved back to the bench.
Farrell also said that right-hander Clay Buchholz is available to contribute out of the bullpen in either Game 6 or Game 7.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Shane Victorino, RF
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
David Ross, C
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi