Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino batting sixth in return to lineup; Clay Buchholz available in bullpen
|10.30.13 at 2:59 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said on WEEI on Wednesday afternoon that Shane Victorino, after missing Games 4 and 5 of the World Series due to tightness in his lower back, will return to the lineup and bat sixth as the Red Sox look to clinch a championship in Game 6 of the World Series on Wednesday. As Farrell had stated on Tuesday, David Ross will serve as the catcher for John Lackey, while Jonny Gomes is back in the lineup and starting in left field, with Daniel Nava moved back to the bench.
Farrell also said that right-hander Clay Buchholz is available to contribute out of the bullpen in either Game 6 or Game 7.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Shane Victorino, RF
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
David Ross, C
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller