Report: Jacoby Ellsbury to have MRI after playing with injured hand
|10.31.13 at 11:54 am ET|
Ellsbury’s hand was discolored and severely swollen up to the forearm, the report indicates, leading to surprise from teammates that he was still playing.
Despite the injury, Ellsbury went 2-for-4 in Wednesday night’s clincher, wearing a protective brace over the wrapped hand. He was 4-for-20 in the World Series prior to Game 6.
Ellsbury is set to become a free agent, and the Red Sox are expected to make him a one-year qualifying offer so that they will get compensation in the form of a draft pick if he signs elsewhere.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando