Dustin Pedroia expects to undergo thumb surgery ‘probably in a couple weeks’
|11.01.13 at 4:21 pm ET|
In an appearance on WEEI’s Salk & Holley Friday afternoon, Dustin Pedroia said he expects to have surgery “probably in a couple weeks” to repair a torn thumb ligament he suffered on Opening Day.
Pedroia played with the injury all season. He said it forced him to shorten up his swing and not try to hit home runs as much as he might have in the past.
Pedroia said he still needs to have an MRI performed before the surgery is finalized. He’ll be examined by Dr. Donald Sheridan, the same doctor who performed the surgery on the hamate bone in Pedroia’s wrist after the 2007 season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins