Red Sox remove Brandon Snyder, Quintin Berry from 40-man roster, making them free agents
|11.04.13 at 9:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that they outrighted outfielder Quintin Berry and corner infielder Brandon Snyder off the 40-man roster and onto the roster of Triple-A Pawtucket. Both players rejected the outright assignments and elected free agency.
Berry, 29, was acquired by the Sox from the Royals for Clayton Mortensen in August as a pinch-running specialist in the postseason. He saw action in three playoff games, and was successful on all three stolen bases he attempted.
Snyder, 26, was signed as a minor league free agent at the end of March following his release by the Rangers. In 27 big league games, he hit .180/.212/.360 with two homers.
Meanwhile, right-handed pitchers Andrew Bailey and Alex Wilson, outfielder Ryan Kalish and left-handed pitcher Andrew Miller were reinstated from the 60-day disabled list. The Red Sox’ 40-man roster now stands at 36 players.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks tosses complete-game shutout
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Victor Garcia
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey homers twice, Salem sweeps twin bill