Red Sox remove Brandon Snyder, Quintin Berry from 40-man roster, making them free agents
|11.04.13 at 9:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that they outrighted outfielder Quintin Berry and corner infielder Brandon Snyder off the 40-man roster and onto the roster of Triple-A Pawtucket. Both players rejected the outright assignments and elected free agency.
Berry, 29, was acquired by the Sox from the Royals for Clayton Mortensen in August as a pinch-running specialist in the postseason. He saw action in three playoff games, and was successful on all three stolen bases he attempted.
Snyder, 26, was signed as a minor league free agent at the end of March following his release by the Rangers. In 27 big league games, he hit .180/.212/.360 with two homers.
Meanwhile, right-handed pitchers Andrew Bailey and Alex Wilson, outfielder Ryan Kalish and left-handed pitcher Andrew Miller were reinstated from the 60-day disabled list. The Red Sox’ 40-man roster now stands at 36 players.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins