Red Sox remove Brandon Snyder, Quintin Berry from 40-man roster, making them free agents
|11.04.13 at 9:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that they outrighted outfielder Quintin Berry and corner infielder Brandon Snyder off the 40-man roster and onto the roster of Triple-A Pawtucket. Both players rejected the outright assignments and elected free agency.
Berry, 29, was acquired by the Sox from the Royals for Clayton Mortensen in August as a pinch-running specialist in the postseason. He saw action in three playoff games, and was successful on all three stolen bases he attempted.
Snyder, 26, was signed as a minor league free agent at the end of March following his release by the Rangers. In 27 big league games, he hit .180/.212/.360 with two homers.
Meanwhile, right-handed pitchers Andrew Bailey and Alex Wilson, outfielder Ryan Kalish and left-handed pitcher Andrew Miller were reinstated from the 60-day disabled list. The Red Sox’ 40-man roster now stands at 36 players.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs