Red Sox remove Brandon Snyder, Quintin Berry from 40-man roster, making them free agents
|11.04.13 at 9:20 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that they outrighted outfielder Quintin Berry and corner infielder Brandon Snyder off the 40-man roster and onto the roster of Triple-A Pawtucket. Both players rejected the outright assignments and elected free agency.
Berry, 29, was acquired by the Sox from the Royals for Clayton Mortensen in August as a pinch-running specialist in the postseason. He saw action in three playoff games, and was successful on all three stolen bases he attempted.
Snyder, 26, was signed as a minor league free agent at the end of March following his release by the Rangers. In 27 big league games, he hit .180/.212/.360 with two homers.
Meanwhile, right-handed pitchers Andrew Bailey and Alex Wilson, outfielder Ryan Kalish and left-handed pitcher Andrew Miller were reinstated from the 60-day disabled list. The Red Sox’ 40-man roster now stands at 36 players.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss