Red Sox manager John Farrell to take calls on WEEI Wednesday afternoon
|11.06.13 at 11:59 am ET|
Farrell on Wednesday was named a finalist for American League Manager of the Year as voted on by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America. Farrell took a Red Sox team that finished last in the AL East in 2012 and led it to 97 wins and a World Series championship in his first season as manager in Boston.
Former Sox manager Terry Francona (Indians) and Bob Melvin (Athletics) also were named as finalists for the award, for which voting took place at the end of the regular season. The winner will be announced next week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada