Red Sox manager John Farrell to take calls on WEEI Wednesday afternoon
|11.06.13 at 11:59 am ET|
Farrell on Wednesday was named a finalist for American League Manager of the Year as voted on by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America. Farrell took a Red Sox team that finished last in the AL East in 2012 and led it to 97 wins and a World Series championship in his first season as manager in Boston.
Former Sox manager Terry Francona (Indians) and Bob Melvin (Athletics) also were named as finalists for the award, for which voting took place at the end of the regular season. The winner will be announced next week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi