Red Sox manager John Farrell to take calls on WEEI Wednesday afternoon
|11.06.13 at 11:59 am ET|
Farrell on Wednesday was named a finalist for American League Manager of the Year as voted on by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America. Farrell took a Red Sox team that finished last in the AL East in 2012 and led it to 97 wins and a World Series championship in his first season as manager in Boston.
Former Sox manager Terry Francona (Indians) and Bob Melvin (Athletics) also were named as finalists for the award, for which voting took place at the end of the regular season. The winner will be announced next week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 2: Corner Infielders
- Scouting Scratch: Young Arms
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released