David Ortiz reportedly finishes third in Boston mayoral race
|11.08.13 at 8:45 am ET|
David Ortiz‘s popularity in Boston might be at an all-time high after he led the Red Sox to the World Series championship last month.
That is no more evident than in a report that Ortiz finished third in the Boston mayoral election Tuesday, receiving more write-in votes than anyone else. A total of 560 write-in votes were cast, according to election officials, but the number that Ortiz received was not released.
Martin Walsh won the race to succeed Thomas Menino with 72,514 votes, beating John Connolly (67,606).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Heller and Martinez lead Salem; Travis powers Lowell
- Red Sox acquire left-hander Ryan Verdugo from Royals
- Players of the Week, 7/7-13: Alex Hassan & Steven Wright
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson powers Greenville past Rome
- Cup of Coffee: Moore homers twice to power Spinners
- Weekly Notes: Boston turns to Vazquez, Owens' star shines bright
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero leads PawSox, Spinners fall at Fenway
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson keeps rolling, Blair hits game-winner
- Scouting Scratch: Allen Webster and Dalier Hinojosa
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket's offense explodes, Portland swept