Mike Napoli reportedly receives offer from Red Sox but plans to shop around
|11.08.13 at 12:25 pm ET|
Napoli was one of the three players the Red Sox tendered with a one-year $14.1 million qualifying offer, meaning if he signs elsewhere the Red Sox would receiver a draft pick.
Napoli signed a one-year deal with the Sox last offseason, shortening an original three-year, $39 million pact after the team expressed concerns about a degenerative hip condition.
An eight-year MLB veteran, Napoli is a career .259/.357/.502 hitter with 169 home runs and 472 RBIs. In 2013 he hit .259/.360/.482 with 23 home runs and 92 RBIs while amassing a career-high 187 strikeouts as well as a career-high 73 walks.
He went 2-for-13 (.154) in both the ALDS and the World Series, but he hit .300 in the ALCS and ripped a home run off Tigers ace Justin Verlander in Game 3 to give the Red Sox a 1-0 victory. He also homered in the Sox’ 4-3 Game 5 victory, going 3-for-4 in that game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller