Source: ‘A bunch of teams moving quick’ on Stephen Drew
|11.10.13 at 12:51 am ET|
According to a source familiar with the situation, “a bunch of teams (are) moving quick” on Drew in the free agent market. It is unclear what level of interest the Red Sox have expressed in the shortstop other than extending the qualifying offer.
Drew hit .253 with a .777 OPS for the Red Sox in 2013, turning in perhaps his best defensive season. He is coming off a one-year, $9 million contract with the Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston