Source: ‘A bunch of teams moving quick’ on Stephen Drew
|11.10.13 at 12:51 am ET|
According to a source familiar with the situation, “a bunch of teams (are) moving quick” on Drew in the free agent market. It is unclear what level of interest the Red Sox have expressed in the shortstop other than extending the qualifying offer.
Drew hit .253 with a .777 OPS for the Red Sox in 2013, turning in perhaps his best defensive season. He is coming off a one-year, $9 million contract with the Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the pitching prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the hitting prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Podcast Ep. #110: Dealin' Dave's Winter Sale
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo to play in Puerto Rican League
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot