Brandon Snyder says he’s re-signed with Red Sox
|11.21.13 at 7:10 am ET|
Corner infielder Brandon Snyder, who played 27 games for the Red Sox — primarily at first and third, while also playing one game in left field — said on twitter that he has re-signed with the team that acquired him just before the start of the regular season in 2013.
So excited to have another year with the Boston redsox organization! Can’t wait to get down to ft Meyers and get after it!
— Brandon Snyder (@BrandonSnyder29) November 20, 2013
The 27-year-old hit .180 with a .212 OBP and .360 slugging mark and two homers, spending time in a semi-regular role in late-July and early-August, first while Stephen Drew was on the disabled list (permitting Jose Iglesias to move from third to short) and then after Iglesias was traded and prior to the recall of Will Middlebrooks from Triple-A. Snyder also played in 68 games with Pawtucket, hitting .261/.332/.454 with 10 homers.
The 2005 first-rounder was released at his request by the Rangers at the end of spring training and signed with the Sox to be a first baseman. However, he volunteered to add third base to his resume, and also took groundballs at second base. He also has catching experience (79 games in the minors, one in the big leagues) with a smattering of games at both corner outfield spots.
The deal is presumably a minor league one, since the Red Sox outrighted Snyder off their 40-man roster in early November (with Snyder electing free agency), only to re-sign him just over two weeks later.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday