Red Sox acquire RHP Burke Badenhop from Brewers
|11.22.13 at 1:28 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced Friday that they traded minor league left-handed pitcher Luis Ortega to the Brewers for right-handed reliever Burke Badenhop.
Badenhop, 30, appeared in 63 games in 2013, going 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA. He ranked seventh among National League relievers in fewest walks per nine innings (1.7), allowing 12 walks all season.
Badenhop has played parts of six seasons in the majors, posting an 18-20 record with a 3.98 ERA in 280 games with the Marlins (2008-11), Rays (2012) and Brewers.
Ortega, 20, played for the Gulf Coast League Red Sox in rookie ball last season, going 3-3 with a 2.45 ERA in 12 games, including one start. In his two years of pro ball since being signed as an international free agent, Ortega is 9-6 with a 2.25 ERA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Heller and Martinez lead Salem; Travis powers Lowell
- Red Sox acquire left-hander Ryan Verdugo from Royals
- Players of the Week, 7/7-13: Alex Hassan & Steven Wright
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson powers Greenville past Rome
- Cup of Coffee: Moore homers twice to power Spinners
- Weekly Notes: Boston turns to Vazquez, Owens' star shines bright
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero leads PawSox, Spinners fall at Fenway
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson keeps rolling, Blair hits game-winner
- Scouting Scratch: Allen Webster and Dalier Hinojosa
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket's offense explodes, Portland swept