Red Sox acquire RHP Burke Badenhop from Brewers
|11.22.13 at 1:28 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced Friday that they traded minor league left-handed pitcher Luis Ortega to the Brewers for right-handed reliever Burke Badenhop.
Badenhop, 30, appeared in 63 games in 2013, going 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA. He ranked seventh among National League relievers in fewest walks per nine innings (1.7), allowing 12 walks all season.
Badenhop has played parts of six seasons in the majors, posting an 18-20 record with a 3.98 ERA in 280 games with the Marlins (2008-11), Rays (2012) and Brewers.
Ortega, 20, played for the Gulf Coast League Red Sox in rookie ball last season, going 3-3 with a 2.45 ERA in 12 games, including one start. In his two years of pro ball since being signed as an international free agent, Ortega is 9-6 with a 2.25 ERA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando