Sources: Daniel Bard to be non-tendered by the Cubs
|12.02.13 at 3:08 pm ET|
According to multiple major league sources, Cubs reliever Daniel Bard will not be a tendered a contract by Chicago prior to tonight’s midnight deadline.
Bard had pitched in three games in the Puerto Rican Winter League, pitching for Criollos de Caguas. But after allowing eight runs on no hits while walking nine in just 1/3 innings, the righty left the team. Bard never did pitch while a member of the Cubs organization, having not seen any action after the Cubs claimed the former Red Sox off waivers Sept. 4.
According to a source, there is a chance Bard does sign a non-roster deal with the Cubs.
Check back for more ..
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins, Anderson deal, Swihart homers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz homers in both ends of doubleheader
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise