Sources: Daniel Bard to be non-tendered by the Cubs
|12.02.13 at 3:08 pm ET|
According to multiple major league sources, Cubs reliever Daniel Bard will not be a tendered a contract by Chicago prior to tonight’s midnight deadline.
Bard had pitched in three games in the Puerto Rican Winter League, pitching for Criollos de Caguas. But after allowing eight runs on no hits while walking nine in just 1/3 innings, the righty left the team. Bard never did pitch while a member of the Cubs organization, having not seen any action after the Cubs claimed the former Red Sox off waivers Sept. 4.
According to a source, there is a chance Bard does sign a non-roster deal with the Cubs.
Check back for more ..
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Edwin Escobar impresses with dazzling playoff performance
- Cup of Coffee: Extra inning victories kick off playoff action
- The Write-Up: Brandon Workman
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop two in Championship Series
- August Players of the Month: Manuel Margot and Brian Johnson
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox win league championship
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts
- ESPN Boston: Farm clubs faring well
- Cup of Coffee: Rusney Castillo debuts, PawSox clinch wild card