Sources: Daniel Bard to be non-tendered by the Cubs
|12.02.13 at 3:08 pm ET|
According to multiple major league sources, Cubs reliever Daniel Bard will not be a tendered a contract by Chicago prior to tonight’s midnight deadline.
Bard had pitched in three games in the Puerto Rican Winter League, pitching for Criollos de Caguas. But after allowing eight runs on no hits while walking nine in just 1/3 innings, the righty left the team. Bard never did pitch while a member of the Cubs organization, having not seen any action after the Cubs claimed the former Red Sox off waivers Sept. 4.
According to a source, there is a chance Bard does sign a non-roster deal with the Cubs.
Check back for more ..
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies