Sources: Daniel Bard to be non-tendered by the Cubs
|12.02.13 at 3:08 pm ET|
According to multiple major league sources, Cubs reliever Daniel Bard will not be a tendered a contract by Chicago prior to tonight’s midnight deadline.
Bard had pitched in three games in the Puerto Rican Winter League, pitching for Criollos de Caguas. But after allowing eight runs on no hits while walking nine in just 1/3 innings, the righty left the team. Bard never did pitch while a member of the Cubs organization, having not seen any action after the Cubs claimed the former Red Sox off waivers Sept. 4.
According to a source, there is a chance Bard does sign a non-roster deal with the Cubs.
Check back for more ..
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo