Source: Red Sox not interested in Carlos Beltran at three years
|12.03.13 at 11:10 pm ET|
As a switch-hitting corner outfielder who hit .296/.339/.491 in 145 games for the Cardinals in 2013, Beltran represents one of the best hitters on the market and someone whose ability to play either outfield corner would permit the Sox potential depth and roster flexibility. Moreover, he’s in line for fewer years than most of the other prominent free agents on the market. However, given that the eight-time All-Star (who has played on the All-Star team in each of the last two years with St. Louis) has a reported three-year, $48 million offer in hand (an offer reported by Buster Olney of ESPN.com), the Sox appear unlikely to set the market for his services.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller