Source: Red Sox not interested in Carlos Beltran at three years
|12.03.13 at 11:10 pm ET|
As a switch-hitting corner outfielder who hit .296/.339/.491 in 145 games for the Cardinals in 2013, Beltran represents one of the best hitters on the market and someone whose ability to play either outfield corner would permit the Sox potential depth and roster flexibility. Moreover, he’s in line for fewer years than most of the other prominent free agents on the market. However, given that the eight-time All-Star (who has played on the All-Star team in each of the last two years with St. Louis) has a reported three-year, $48 million offer in hand (an offer reported by Buster Olney of ESPN.com), the Sox appear unlikely to set the market for his services.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando