Marlins’ reported deal with Garrett Jones would close another door for Mike Napoli
|12.06.13 at 2:47 pm ET|
The Marlins reportedly are close to an agreement with former Pirates first baseman Garrett Jones, putting them in position to trade incumbent Logan Morrison.
The move also would limit the options for Mike Napoli, as the Marlins were said to be one of the teams who had been showing interest in the Red Sox free agent. The Rangers and Red Sox appear to be in the lead for Napoli’s services.
The Marlins on Friday also announced their three-year deal with former Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, worth a reported $21 million.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Players of the Week, April 14-20: Mookie Betts & Brian Johnson
- Cup of Coffee: Sea Dogs turn triple play highlighting Patriots' Day sweep
- Weekly Notes: Second basemen continue to rake
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's comeback falls short
- Cup of Coffee: Betts collects four hits to lead Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson's stellar start leads Salem
- Cup of Coffee: De La Rosa, Stankiewicz pitch well in victories
- Two decades later, Billy McMillon back in Portland
- The Write-Up: Garin Cecchini and Christian Vazquez
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket holds on to win, Salem drops doubleheader