Red Sox extend spring training invitation to Japanese independent league pitcher Hideyoshi Otake
|01.10.14 at 11:29 pm ET|
A major league source confirmed that the Red Sox have invited Japanese right-hander Hideyoshi Otake to their minor league spring training. Otake, a 5-foot-11, 187-pound reliever, spent last year pitching in Japan’s independent Baseball Challenge League, recording 17 saves while punching out 47 and walking 16 in 44 1/3 innings with a 2.23 ERA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads