Red Sox, Burke Badenhop avoid arbitration with one-year, $2.15 million deal
|01.15.14 at 9:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that they’ve reached a one-year, non-guaranteed deal with right-hander Burke Badenhop to avoid salary arbitration. According to an industry source, the deal calls for Badenhop to be paid $2.15 million in 2014 — his last season before he is eligible for free agency. The 30-year-old Badenhop, acquired from the Brewers in exchange for minor leaguer Luis Ortega , was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 games (62 1/3 innings) last season, holding righties to a .229 average. An extreme groundball pitcher, Badenhop is also notably aggressive as a strike-thrower, having issued just 1.7 walks per nine innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins