Fenway Park to host Billy Joel concert June 26
|01.30.14 at 12:08 pm ET|
“We look forward to hosting the music icon at Fenway in June for what we know will be a memorable performance,” Red Sox executive vice president/COO Sam Kennedy said in a statement.
Joel is a six-time Grammy Award winner and the sixth best-selling recording artist of all-time, with worldwide sales of more than 150 million albums.
“It is an honor to bring Billy Joel back to Boston and have him play historic Fenway Park,” Live Nation New England president Don Law said. “His music transcends generations. This will be an event that fans will remember for years to come.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler