Source: Mets have not made offer to Stephen Drew
|02.04.14 at 3:40 pm ET|
According to a major league source with knowledge of the situation, the Mets have not made a formal offer to free agent shortstop Stephen Drew.
Earlier Tuesday, it was reported by WFAN in New York that the Mets had extended an offer to Drew, with host Mike Francesa stating: “It’s number of years, they’ve already made him an offer. It’s the number of years. They’re fighting over the number of years. I know they have made him an offer. … It’s not the money. It doesn’t matter if they did a refinance or not. They already offered him the money. It’s a questions of years. They already made him an offer. … They’re fighting over years. I think they’re going to sign Drew, I think they’re going to sign him. I really do.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday