Source: Mets have not made offer to Stephen Drew
|02.04.14 at 3:40 pm ET|
According to a major league source with knowledge of the situation, the Mets have not made a formal offer to free agent shortstop Stephen Drew.
Earlier Tuesday, it was reported by WFAN in New York that the Mets had extended an offer to Drew, with host Mike Francesa stating: “It’s number of years, they’ve already made him an offer. It’s the number of years. They’re fighting over the number of years. I know they have made him an offer. … It’s not the money. It doesn’t matter if they did a refinance or not. They already offered him the money. It’s a questions of years. They already made him an offer. … They’re fighting over years. I think they’re going to sign Drew, I think they’re going to sign him. I really do.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada