Source: Mets have not made offer to Stephen Drew
|02.04.14 at 3:40 pm ET|
According to a major league source with knowledge of the situation, the Mets have not made a formal offer to free agent shortstop Stephen Drew.
Earlier Tuesday, it was reported by WFAN in New York that the Mets had extended an offer to Drew, with host Mike Francesa stating: “It’s number of years, they’ve already made him an offer. It’s the number of years. They’re fighting over the number of years. I know they have made him an offer. … It’s not the money. It doesn’t matter if they did a refinance or not. They already offered him the money. It’s a questions of years. They already made him an offer. … They’re fighting over years. I think they’re going to sign Drew, I think they’re going to sign him. I really do.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners drop one in extras, timely hitting for Sea Dogs and Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team