Curt Schilling’s family tweets that cancer surgery ‘went really well’
|02.11.14 at 12:14 pm ET|
On Monday morning, Schilling’s daughter, Gabby, wrote: Dads surgery went really well! Now he’s in recovery. #GodBless
Dads surgery went really well! Now he’s in recovery #GodBless
‘ Gabby Schilling (@GabbyS_chilling) February 10, 2014
Schilling’s oldest son, Gehrig, tweeted a photo of his father in a hospital bed with the word “recovery.”
‘ Gehrig (@Gehrig438) February 10, 2014
Schilling announced last Wednesday that he has cancer, although he hasn’t revealed which type. On Friday he tweeted: Overwhelmed at the well wishes, and prayers. Bless all of you. No pity or sympathy needed, I’ve been beyond blessed. I’m ready for this.
Added Schilling: One more thing, the world goes on after you leave, change it while you’re here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller