Curt Schilling’s family tweets that cancer surgery ‘went really well’
|02.11.14 at 12:14 pm ET|
On Monday morning, Schilling’s daughter, Gabby, wrote: Dads surgery went really well! Now he’s in recovery. #GodBless
Dads surgery went really well! Now he’s in recovery #GodBless
‘ Gabby Schilling (@GabbyS_chilling) February 10, 2014
Schilling’s oldest son, Gehrig, tweeted a photo of his father in a hospital bed with the word “recovery.”
‘ Gehrig (@Gehrig438) February 10, 2014
Schilling announced last Wednesday that he has cancer, although he hasn’t revealed which type. On Friday he tweeted: Overwhelmed at the well wishes, and prayers. Bless all of you. No pity or sympathy needed, I’ve been beyond blessed. I’m ready for this.
Added Schilling: One more thing, the world goes on after you leave, change it while you’re here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings