Mets GM Sandy Alderson reiterates team ‘unlikely’ to sign Stephen Drew
|02.14.14 at 8:30 am ET|
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson, speaking Thursday at the team’s spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla., said it remains “unlikely” that he would sign another high-priced free agent along the lines of Stephen Drew.
“I said that it was unlikely we would sign another major free agent,” Alderson said, via the New York Daily News. “I think that’s still the case.”
Drew remains without a home after turning down the Red Sox‘ one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer in November and becoming a free agent. His agent, Scott Boras, reportedly has had discussions with the Mets throughout the offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Scratch: Javier Guerra, Michael Chavis, Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox capture second straight league title
- Anderson Espinoza to Greenville, Logan Allen to Lowell highlight GCL promotions
- Notes from the Field: Spruill, Marrero, Hernandez in Allentown
- Cup of Coffee: Reign delay for the GCL Red Sox
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals