Mets GM Sandy Alderson reiterates team ‘unlikely’ to sign Stephen Drew
|02.14.14 at 8:30 am ET|
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson, speaking Thursday at the team’s spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla., said it remains “unlikely” that he would sign another high-priced free agent along the lines of Stephen Drew.
“I said that it was unlikely we would sign another major free agent,” Alderson said, via the New York Daily News. “I think that’s still the case.”
Drew remains without a home after turning down the Red Sox‘ one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer in November and becoming a free agent. His agent, Scott Boras, reportedly has had discussions with the Mets throughout the offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists