Mets GM Sandy Alderson reiterates team ‘unlikely’ to sign Stephen Drew
|02.14.14 at 8:30 am ET|
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson, speaking Thursday at the team’s spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla., said it remains “unlikely” that he would sign another high-priced free agent along the lines of Stephen Drew.
“I said that it was unlikely we would sign another major free agent,” Alderson said, via the New York Daily News. “I think that’s still the case.”
Drew remains without a home after turning down the Red Sox‘ one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer in November and becoming a free agent. His agent, Scott Boras, reportedly has had discussions with the Mets throughout the offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa