Mets GM Sandy Alderson reiterates team ‘unlikely’ to sign Stephen Drew
|02.14.14 at 8:30 am ET|
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson, speaking Thursday at the team’s spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla., said it remains “unlikely” that he would sign another high-priced free agent along the lines of Stephen Drew.
“I said that it was unlikely we would sign another major free agent,” Alderson said, via the New York Daily News. “I think that’s still the case.”
Drew remains without a home after turning down the Red Sox‘ one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer in November and becoming a free agent. His agent, Scott Boras, reportedly has had discussions with the Mets throughout the offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller