Yankees president Randy Levine returns fire: ‘I feel bad for Larry’
|02.21.14 at 9:13 pm ET|
Any thought that the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry is dormant can be put to rest.
“I feel bad for Larry; he constantly sees ghosts and is spooked by the Yankees,” Yankees president Randy Levine told the New York Daily News. “But I can understand why, because under his and Bobby Valentine‘s plan two years ago, the Red Sox were in last place. Ben Cherington and the Red Sox did a great job last year winning the World Series, but I’m confident Cash and Joe and our players will compete with a great Red Sox team to win a world championship this year.”
“I’ve made lot of friends in the game,” Lucchino said, before adding, “and lot of enemies, too.”
We know one of the enemies without a doubt now. Lucchino, for the record, said Friday he wants no part of the commissioner’s job, as he is too happy and content with his role with the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller