Yankees president Randy Levine returns fire: ‘I feel bad for Larry’
|02.21.14 at 9:13 pm ET|
Any thought that the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry is dormant can be put to rest.
“I feel bad for Larry; he constantly sees ghosts and is spooked by the Yankees,” Yankees president Randy Levine told the New York Daily News. “But I can understand why, because under his and Bobby Valentine‘s plan two years ago, the Red Sox were in last place. Ben Cherington and the Red Sox did a great job last year winning the World Series, but I’m confident Cash and Joe and our players will compete with a great Red Sox team to win a world championship this year.”
“I’ve made lot of friends in the game,” Lucchino said, before adding, “and lot of enemies, too.”
We know one of the enemies without a doubt now. Lucchino, for the record, said Friday he wants no part of the commissioner’s job, as he is too happy and content with his role with the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday