Jon Lester’s agents arrive in Fort Myers
|02.28.14 at 2:39 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Jon Lester talks may be starting soon.
Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, arrived in town Thursday to meet with their Red Sox clients and perhaps team officials. It was unclear if the Levinson’s appearance in camp will signal talks regarding an extension for the Red Sox starter.
Lester said Friday morning he was unaware if talks were going to kick off over the weekend, having met with the Levinsons Thursday night. The agents also represent Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia and pitchers Rich Hill and Drake Britton.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington has said throughout the offseason and earlier in spring training that the time to talk about any potential extension for Lester — who will be eligible for free agency at the conclusion of the 2014 season — would be during spring training.
For more on Lester’s approach to contract talks, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates