Jon Lester’s agents arrive in Fort Myers
|02.28.14 at 2:39 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Jon Lester talks may be starting soon.
Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, arrived in town Thursday to meet with their Red Sox clients and perhaps team officials. It was unclear if the Levinson’s appearance in camp will signal talks regarding an extension for the Red Sox starter.
Lester said Friday morning he was unaware if talks were going to kick off over the weekend, having met with the Levinsons Thursday night. The agents also represent Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia and pitchers Rich Hill and Drake Britton.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington has said throughout the offseason and earlier in spring training that the time to talk about any potential extension for Lester — who will be eligible for free agency at the conclusion of the 2014 season — would be during spring training.
For more on Lester’s approach to contract talks, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the hitting prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Podcast Ep. #110: Dealin' Dave's Winter Sale
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo to play in Puerto Rican League
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate