Jon Lester’s agents arrive in Fort Myers
|02.28.14 at 2:39 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Jon Lester talks may be starting soon.
Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, arrived in town Thursday to meet with their Red Sox clients and perhaps team officials. It was unclear if the Levinson’s appearance in camp will signal talks regarding an extension for the Red Sox starter.
Lester said Friday morning he was unaware if talks were going to kick off over the weekend, having met with the Levinsons Thursday night. The agents also represent Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia and pitchers Rich Hill and Drake Britton.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington has said throughout the offseason and earlier in spring training that the time to talk about any potential extension for Lester — who will be eligible for free agency at the conclusion of the 2014 season — would be during spring training.
For more on Lester’s approach to contract talks, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest