Jon Lester’s agents arrive in Fort Myers
|02.28.14 at 2:39 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Jon Lester talks may be starting soon.
Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, arrived in town Thursday to meet with their Red Sox clients and perhaps team officials. It was unclear if the Levinson’s appearance in camp will signal talks regarding an extension for the Red Sox starter.
Lester said Friday morning he was unaware if talks were going to kick off over the weekend, having met with the Levinsons Thursday night. The agents also represent Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia and pitchers Rich Hill and Drake Britton.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington has said throughout the offseason and earlier in spring training that the time to talk about any potential extension for Lester — who will be eligible for free agency at the conclusion of the 2014 season — would be during spring training.
For more on Lester’s approach to contract talks, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance