Jon Lester’s agents arrive in Fort Myers
|02.28.14 at 2:39 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Jon Lester talks may be starting soon.
Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, arrived in town Thursday to meet with their Red Sox clients and perhaps team officials. It was unclear if the Levinson’s appearance in camp will signal talks regarding an extension for the Red Sox starter.
Lester said Friday morning he was unaware if talks were going to kick off over the weekend, having met with the Levinsons Thursday night. The agents also represent Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia and pitchers Rich Hill and Drake Britton.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington has said throughout the offseason and earlier in spring training that the time to talk about any potential extension for Lester — who will be eligible for free agency at the conclusion of the 2014 season — would be during spring training.
For more on Lester’s approach to contract talks, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts
- Notes from the Field: Margot's Double-A debut and more
- Cup of Coffee: Portland welcomes new call-ups, Moncada has big night