Red Sox video montage of highlights from sweep over Northeastern, Boston College
|02.28.14 at 8:19 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Red Sox opened their spring game schedule on Thursday with their annual college doubleheader against Northeastern and Boston College. The Red Sox won a pair of 5-2 seven-inning games at JetBlue Park. Grady Sizemore started in Game 1 against NU and had two fly outs while Brandon Workman threw the first pitch of the spring. The Grapefruit League opener is set for 1:05 p.m. Friday at JetBlue Park against their crosstown foe, the Minnesota Twins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings