Jake Peavy scratched from start due to fishing knife-induced cut on finger
|03.02.14 at 5:06 pm ET|
Farrell explained that Peavy won’t throw for the next three days, after which time the starting pitcher will initiate a throwing program.
“This was a freak one,’ said Farrell, who explained the knife almost cut through the finger. “Honestly, he avoided some serious injury with what took place.”
Farrell noted that Brandon Workman will get the start Monday in place of Peavy, who had been slowed earlier in camp due to an ailment to his right ring finger.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles