Jake Peavy scratched from start due to fishing knife-induced cut on finger
|03.02.14 at 5:06 pm ET|
Farrell explained that Peavy won’t throw for the next three days, after which time the starting pitcher will initiate a throwing program.
“This was a freak one,’ said Farrell, who explained the knife almost cut through the finger. “Honestly, he avoided some serious injury with what took place.”
Farrell noted that Brandon Workman will get the start Monday in place of Peavy, who had been slowed earlier in camp due to an ailment to his right ring finger.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade