Jake Peavy scratched from start due to fishing knife-induced cut on finger
|03.02.14 at 5:06 pm ET|
Farrell explained that Peavy won’t throw for the next three days, after which time the starting pitcher will initiate a throwing program.
“This was a freak one,’ said Farrell, who explained the knife almost cut through the finger. “Honestly, he avoided some serious injury with what took place.”
Farrell noted that Brandon Workman will get the start Monday in place of Peavy, who had been slowed earlier in camp due to an ailment to his right ring finger.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo