David Ross on foot injury: ‘I put my orthotics on the wrong way’
|03.04.14 at 1:25 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Blame the shoes.
Prior to the Red Sox‘ game with the Rays Tuesday at JetBlue Park, David Ross explained that the issue with his left foot — that is keeping him out of action until Friday — all started before he even got to camp.
“It was over time,” Ross said. “I think I wore some shoes. I put my orthotics on the wrong way. I had my insoles on with my orthotics, which I’m not supposed to do. Just something aggravated it and now the more I’m on the worse it was getting. There is a little tendon in there that’s aggravated.”
An MRI performed on Ross Monday showed no damage to the tendon, leading to the treatment of keeping the catcher off his feel for a day or two.
“It was bothering me in the offseason,” he said. “It got a little better, but as I was running ‘¦ It’s one of those things where I can run straight, but I can’t really turn really good. The ligament in there has been kind of aggravated. I’ve been running funny on my foot.
“They told me to hold off today, but it feels 100 percent today. I’ll probably hit and throw tomorrow and hopefully Thursday, and Friday I’ll be in the game.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit