David Ross on foot injury: ‘I put my orthotics on the wrong way’
|03.04.14 at 1:25 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Blame the shoes.
Prior to the Red Sox‘ game with the Rays Tuesday at JetBlue Park, David Ross explained that the issue with his left foot — that is keeping him out of action until Friday — all started before he even got to camp.
“It was over time,” Ross said. “I think I wore some shoes. I put my orthotics on the wrong way. I had my insoles on with my orthotics, which I’m not supposed to do. Just something aggravated it and now the more I’m on the worse it was getting. There is a little tendon in there that’s aggravated.”
An MRI performed on Ross Monday showed no damage to the tendon, leading to the treatment of keeping the catcher off his feel for a day or two.
“It was bothering me in the offseason,” he said. “It got a little better, but as I was running ‘¦ It’s one of those things where I can run straight, but I can’t really turn really good. The ligament in there has been kind of aggravated. I’ve been running funny on my foot.
“They told me to hold off today, but it feels 100 percent today. I’ll probably hit and throw tomorrow and hopefully Thursday, and Friday I’ll be in the game.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Updates on Red Sox Star Pablo Sandoval's Injury
- Ortiz Looks Determined to Go out with a Bang
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night
- Michael Chavis placed on disabled list with torn thumb ligament (UPDATE: report rescinded)
- Weekly Notes: Light, Cuevas get first-time call-up
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins shoves, Drive bats come alive
- Red Sox recall Light and Owens for Sunday night tilt
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi stands out as affiliates are swept
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Ockimey continue hot streaks