David Ross on foot injury: ‘I put my orthotics on the wrong way’
|03.04.14 at 1:25 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Blame the shoes.
Prior to the Red Sox‘ game with the Rays Tuesday at JetBlue Park, David Ross explained that the issue with his left foot — that is keeping him out of action until Friday — all started before he even got to camp.
“It was over time,” Ross said. “I think I wore some shoes. I put my orthotics on the wrong way. I had my insoles on with my orthotics, which I’m not supposed to do. Just something aggravated it and now the more I’m on the worse it was getting. There is a little tendon in there that’s aggravated.”
An MRI performed on Ross Monday showed no damage to the tendon, leading to the treatment of keeping the catcher off his feel for a day or two.
“It was bothering me in the offseason,” he said. “It got a little better, but as I was running ‘¦ It’s one of those things where I can run straight, but I can’t really turn really good. The ligament in there has been kind of aggravated. I’ve been running funny on my foot.
“They told me to hold off today, but it feels 100 percent today. I’ll probably hit and throw tomorrow and hopefully Thursday, and Friday I’ll be in the game.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies