How Grady Sizemore can make $6 million this season
|03.10.14 at 2:57 pm ET|
The outfielder is now slated to appear in back-to-back games for the first time this spring, getting the start Tuesday against the Marlins.
So, what happens to Sizemore’s contract if he does find himself on the 25-man roster come March 31? He makes $250,000.
Sizemore’s guaranteed major league contract is for a base of $750,000, but he can make as much as $6 million if he meets all of his incentives. It’s a conversation that’s getting more interesting as the outfielder draws closer to becoming an everyday player once again.
Sizemore makes $250,000 for being on Opening Day roster, and then $250,000 each time he reaches 60, 90, 120 and 150 days in the big leagues.
Sizemore makes $250,000 for increments of 25 plate appearances, starting at 225 and stretching to 500.
Sizemore makes $50,000 for making the All-Star team; $50,000 for winning the Silver Slugger; $50,000 for winning the Gold Glove; $50,000 for winning the ALCS MVP; $100,000 for winning the World Series MVP; $100,000 for winning the American League MVP ($75,000 for second, $50,000 for third).
– Sizemore can make $50,000 for winning the American League Comeback Player of the Year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins