Shane Victorino set for first spring training start
|03.10.14 at 8:34 am ET|
The 33-year-old right fielder is taking it slow in Florida after having offseason thumb surgery.
The switch-hitting Victorino is considering hitting exclusively from the right side this season. A natural righty hitter, Victorino batted lefty just six times from Aug. 9 until the end of the last season and was very productive (.301/.378/.516).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes impresses in shutout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing
- Cup of Coffee: Couch dominates Richmond
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez dominates while Kukuk and Ball struggle
- Manuel Margot promoted to High A Salem