Fenway Park to host soccer rematch of Liverpool-AS Roma
|03.12.14 at 12:31 pm ET|
Tickets go on sale May 2.
The teams played at Fenway two years earlier before a sellout crowd of more than 37,000.
“Liverpool FC and AS Roma are two of the most highly regarded clubs in all of football, and we’re thrilled to welcome them back to Boston and showcase some of the world’s top talent playing the ‘Beautiful Game’ right here on the pitch at Fenway Park,” said Fenway Sports Group chairman Tom Werner. “The atmosphere at their first Fenway match was electric, and with both clubs’ passionate supporters, tremendous worldwide following and strong ties to the City, the rematch is sure to be memorable.”
Liverpool is owned by Fenway Sports Group, which also owns the Red Sox, while AS Roma is owned by Boston businessman James Pallotta.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Young Arms
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers