Fenway Park to host soccer rematch of Liverpool-AS Roma
|03.12.14 at 12:31 pm ET|
Tickets go on sale May 2.
The teams played at Fenway two years earlier before a sellout crowd of more than 37,000.
“Liverpool FC and AS Roma are two of the most highly regarded clubs in all of football, and we’re thrilled to welcome them back to Boston and showcase some of the world’s top talent playing the ‘Beautiful Game’ right here on the pitch at Fenway Park,” said Fenway Sports Group chairman Tom Werner. “The atmosphere at their first Fenway match was electric, and with both clubs’ passionate supporters, tremendous worldwide following and strong ties to the City, the rematch is sure to be memorable.”
Liverpool is owned by Fenway Sports Group, which also owns the Red Sox, while AS Roma is owned by Boston businessman James Pallotta.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off
- Reports: Red Sox sign Cuban OF Rusney Castillo