Fenway Park to host soccer rematch of Liverpool-AS Roma
|03.12.14 at 12:31 pm ET|
Tickets go on sale May 2.
The teams played at Fenway two years earlier before a sellout crowd of more than 37,000.
“Liverpool FC and AS Roma are two of the most highly regarded clubs in all of football, and we’re thrilled to welcome them back to Boston and showcase some of the world’s top talent playing the ‘Beautiful Game’ right here on the pitch at Fenway Park,” said Fenway Sports Group chairman Tom Werner. “The atmosphere at their first Fenway match was electric, and with both clubs’ passionate supporters, tremendous worldwide following and strong ties to the City, the rematch is sure to be memorable.”
Liverpool is owned by Fenway Sports Group, which also owns the Red Sox, while AS Roma is owned by Boston businessman James Pallotta.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler
- Red Sox announce front office moves
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Playoffs begin, Marban pitches well in Australia
- Betts, Castillo highlight Red Sox Rookie Development Program participants