Jon Lester, Chris Capuano turn in solid outings against Phillies
|03.15.14 at 9:50 pm ET|
The lefty’s appearance — in what turned out to be a 4-1 Red Sox loss — comes after a three-inning, one-hit outing against Tampa Bay.
Also turning in a standout outing for the Red Sox was reliever Chris Capuano, who pitched three perfect innings, striking out one while getting seven ground outs.
Reliever Burke Badenhop ran into some trouble in the fifth, allowing three runs on four hits (although few were hard hit).
Jonny Gomes came away with the Sox’ offensive highlight, hitting a mammoth homer over the left field wall in the seventh inning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?