Jon Lester, Chris Capuano turn in solid outings against Phillies
|03.15.14 at 9:50 pm ET|
The lefty’s appearance — in what turned out to be a 4-1 Red Sox loss — comes after a three-inning, one-hit outing against Tampa Bay.
Also turning in a standout outing for the Red Sox was reliever Chris Capuano, who pitched three perfect innings, striking out one while getting seven ground outs.
Reliever Burke Badenhop ran into some trouble in the fifth, allowing three runs on four hits (although few were hard hit).
Jonny Gomes came away with the Sox’ offensive highlight, hitting a mammoth homer over the left field wall in the seventh inning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Buttrey stays unbeaten; Longhi's bat paces Drive
- Scouting Scratch: High minors bullpen arms
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada returns, Bradley Jr. goes off
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem