Jon Lester, Chris Capuano turn in solid outings against Phillies
|03.15.14 at 9:50 pm ET|
The lefty’s appearance — in what turned out to be a 4-1 Red Sox loss — comes after a three-inning, one-hit outing against Tampa Bay.
Also turning in a standout outing for the Red Sox was reliever Chris Capuano, who pitched three perfect innings, striking out one while getting seven ground outs.
Reliever Burke Badenhop ran into some trouble in the fifth, allowing three runs on four hits (although few were hard hit).
Jonny Gomes came away with the Sox’ offensive highlight, hitting a mammoth homer over the left field wall in the seventh inning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks tosses complete-game shutout
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Victor Garcia
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey homers twice, Salem sweeps twin bill