Jon Lester, Chris Capuano turn in solid outings against Phillies
|03.15.14 at 9:50 pm ET|
The lefty’s appearance — in what turned out to be a 4-1 Red Sox loss — comes after a three-inning, one-hit outing against Tampa Bay.
Also turning in a standout outing for the Red Sox was reliever Chris Capuano, who pitched three perfect innings, striking out one while getting seven ground outs.
Reliever Burke Badenhop ran into some trouble in the fifth, allowing three runs on four hits (although few were hard hit).
Jonny Gomes came away with the Sox’ offensive highlight, hitting a mammoth homer over the left field wall in the seventh inning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Ortiz Ties Jimmie Foxx for 18th on All-Time Home Runs List
- Pedroia Has Become Forgotten Star in Red Sox's Booming Offense
- Andrew Benintendi Injury: Updates on Red Sox OF's Knee, Return
- Buchholz Can Still Play Big Part in Red Sox's Title Hopes
- Porcello's Resurgence Worth Every Penny of Extension
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- Transaction Analysis: Breaking down the Yoan Moncada call-up
- Moncada, Kopech headline seven headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Red Sox2 break out brooms; Dalbec keeps raking
- Return to past hitting mechanics fueling Bobby Dalbec's success
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and LaMarre lead the way for PawSox
- Weekly Notes: Moncada, Devers, Tavarez nab postseason awards
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Downs homers
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell