Jon Lester, Chris Capuano turn in solid outings against Phillies
|03.15.14 at 9:50 pm ET|
The lefty’s appearance — in what turned out to be a 4-1 Red Sox loss — comes after a three-inning, one-hit outing against Tampa Bay.
Also turning in a standout outing for the Red Sox was reliever Chris Capuano, who pitched three perfect innings, striking out one while getting seven ground outs.
Reliever Burke Badenhop ran into some trouble in the fifth, allowing three runs on four hits (although few were hard hit).
Jonny Gomes came away with the Sox’ offensive highlight, hitting a mammoth homer over the left field wall in the seventh inning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers