Source: ‘Nothing appears imminent’ regarding Jon Lester contract talks with Red Sox
|03.21.14 at 3:19 pm ET|
Talks between the Red Sox and Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, have been ongoing throughout spring training. It is believed the Levinsons have made an appearance in Fort Myers in recent days.
There is, however, still optimism from both sides that an agreement can be reached. Lester is in the final year of a contract that has spanned six years and paid him $43 million. He is due to earn $13 million this season.
Another major league source told WEEI.com earlier Friday that the Red Sox expect a resolution in regard to the negotiations with both Lester and David Ortiz before Opening Day, which is March 31 in Baltimore.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo