Source: ‘Nothing appears imminent’ regarding Jon Lester contract talks with Red Sox
|03.21.14 at 3:19 pm ET|
Talks between the Red Sox and Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, have been ongoing throughout spring training. It is believed the Levinsons have made an appearance in Fort Myers in recent days.
There is, however, still optimism from both sides that an agreement can be reached. Lester is in the final year of a contract that has spanned six years and paid him $43 million. He is due to earn $13 million this season.
Another major league source told WEEI.com earlier Friday that the Red Sox expect a resolution in regard to the negotiations with both Lester and David Ortiz before Opening Day, which is March 31 in Baltimore.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Benintendi, Basabe and more from Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi has three hits in return to Lowell lineup
- Weekly Notes: Sox quiet at deadline, Owens called up
- Scouting Scratch: Greenville Arms Part 1
- Kevin Steen promoted to Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Yoan Moncada and Tim Roberson have big days in Portland slugfest
- Owens to be called up, will debut in Yankee Stadium
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight