Source: ‘Nothing appears imminent’ regarding Jon Lester contract talks with Red Sox
|03.21.14 at 3:19 pm ET|
Talks between the Red Sox and Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, have been ongoing throughout spring training. It is believed the Levinsons have made an appearance in Fort Myers in recent days.
There is, however, still optimism from both sides that an agreement can be reached. Lester is in the final year of a contract that has spanned six years and paid him $43 million. He is due to earn $13 million this season.
Another major league source told WEEI.com earlier Friday that the Red Sox expect a resolution in regard to the negotiations with both Lester and David Ortiz before Opening Day, which is March 31 in Baltimore.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off
- Reports: Red Sox sign Cuban OF Rusney Castillo