Grady Sizemore goes 2-for-3: ‘Everything is as good as I could have hoped for’
|03.27.14 at 11:00 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Grady Sizemore made his final case a compelling one. The outfielder, playing in his third straight game for the first time all spring, went 2-for-3 with a walk, lofting a double to the opposite field, high off the wall in left-center, singling up the middle against left-hander Glen Perkins and once again looking like a player who has managed, despite two and a half years off, to look big league-ready.
Sizemore is now hitting .333 with a .381 OBP, .462 slugging mark, three strikeouts and four walks this spring. He’s enjoyed a steady build-up over the course of the spring with no setbacks after his two-year absence. He’s felt routine soreness, but still said that he feels good even as he’s continued to raise the bar.
“You definitely want to push it and test it and see how things feel. You’re definitely going to have some bumps and bruises like you would in any season or any week of baseball, but it’s all been mild stuff,” said Sizemore. “Everything has been great. I’ve held up well. It’s good to get the reps. It’s nice to play consecutive days and get a better feel for timing, moving around. Everything is as good as I could have hoped for.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston