Grady Sizemore goes 2-for-3: ‘Everything is as good as I could have hoped for’
|03.27.14 at 11:00 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Grady Sizemore made his final case a compelling one. The outfielder, playing in his third straight game for the first time all spring, went 2-for-3 with a walk, lofting a double to the opposite field, high off the wall in left-center, singling up the middle against left-hander Glen Perkins and once again looking like a player who has managed, despite two and a half years off, to look big league-ready.
Sizemore is now hitting .333 with a .381 OBP, .462 slugging mark, three strikeouts and four walks this spring. He’s enjoyed a steady build-up over the course of the spring with no setbacks after his two-year absence. He’s felt routine soreness, but still said that he feels good even as he’s continued to raise the bar.
“You definitely want to push it and test it and see how things feel. You’re definitely going to have some bumps and bruises like you would in any season or any week of baseball, but it’s all been mild stuff,” said Sizemore. “Everything has been great. I’ve held up well. It’s good to get the reps. It’s nice to play consecutive days and get a better feel for timing, moving around. Everything is as good as I could have hoped for.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles