Grady Sizemore goes 2-for-3: ‘Everything is as good as I could have hoped for’
|03.27.14 at 11:00 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Grady Sizemore made his final case a compelling one. The outfielder, playing in his third straight game for the first time all spring, went 2-for-3 with a walk, lofting a double to the opposite field, high off the wall in left-center, singling up the middle against left-hander Glen Perkins and once again looking like a player who has managed, despite two and a half years off, to look big league-ready.
Sizemore is now hitting .333 with a .381 OBP, .462 slugging mark, three strikeouts and four walks this spring. He’s enjoyed a steady build-up over the course of the spring with no setbacks after his two-year absence. He’s felt routine soreness, but still said that he feels good even as he’s continued to raise the bar.
“You definitely want to push it and test it and see how things feel. You’re definitely going to have some bumps and bruises like you would in any season or any week of baseball, but it’s all been mild stuff,” said Sizemore. “Everything has been great. I’ve held up well. It’s good to get the reps. It’s nice to play consecutive days and get a better feel for timing, moving around. Everything is as good as I could have hoped for.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies