David Ortiz really, really is proud to be using a Samsung phone
|04.03.14 at 1:19 am ET|
“I mean, like I said, taking a picture with the president is something you don’t see happening every day,” he said. “I don’t know what it is people are trying to mean when it comes down to Samsung. Samsung is a mark that we are all proud to be using it. Technology is something that … I just got into the Samsung planet and I love it. I’m having fun with it.”
When asked to confirm what he had just said, Ortiz reiterated, “I’m happy to be using Samsun.”
So, Ortiz was then asked, who sponsored his home run.
“The Sox,” he said with a chuckle. “They paid for it, a lot of money.”
(It should be noted that the home run was Ortiz’s 432nd home run, passing Cal Ripken Jr. on the all-time list.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players