David Ortiz really, really is proud to be using a Samsung phone
|04.03.14 at 1:19 am ET|
“I mean, like I said, taking a picture with the president is something you don’t see happening every day,” he said. “I don’t know what it is people are trying to mean when it comes down to Samsung. Samsung is a mark that we are all proud to be using it. Technology is something that … I just got into the Samsung planet and I love it. I’m having fun with it.”
When asked to confirm what he had just said, Ortiz reiterated, “I’m happy to be using Samsun.”
So, Ortiz was then asked, who sponsored his home run.
“The Sox,” he said with a chuckle. “They paid for it, a lot of money.”
(It should be noted that the home run was Ortiz’s 432nd home run, passing Cal Ripken Jr. on the all-time list.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland