Jared Remy brought up charges of assaulting fellow inmate
|04.05.14 at 2:56 pm ET|
According to a statement by the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, Jared Remy — son of Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy — has been accused of assaulting a fellow prisoner in Middlesex Jail.
The incident reportedly occurred at the Cambridge detention facility Thursday, leading the 35-year-old to be charged with with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Remy, who has been isolated from the other inmates will be arraigned on the new charges April 24 in Cambridge District Court.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners drop one in extras, timely hitting for Sea Dogs and Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team