Jared Remy brought up charges of assaulting fellow inmate
|04.05.14 at 2:56 pm ET|
According to a statement by the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, Jared Remy — son of Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy — has been accused of assaulting a fellow prisoner in Middlesex Jail.
The incident reportedly occurred at the Cambridge detention facility Thursday, leading the 35-year-old to be charged with with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Remy, who has been isolated from the other inmates will be arraigned on the new charges April 24 in Cambridge District Court.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off
- Reports: Red Sox sign Cuban OF Rusney Castillo