Jared Remy brought up charges of assaulting fellow inmate
|04.05.14 at 2:56 pm ET|
According to a statement by the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, Jared Remy — son of Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy — has been accused of assaulting a fellow prisoner in Middlesex Jail.
The incident reportedly occurred at the Cambridge detention facility Thursday, leading the 35-year-old to be charged with with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Remy, who has been isolated from the other inmates will be arraigned on the new charges April 24 in Cambridge District Court.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists