Jared Remy brought up charges of assaulting fellow inmate
|04.05.14 at 2:56 pm ET|
According to a statement by the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, Jared Remy — son of Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy — has been accused of assaulting a fellow prisoner in Middlesex Jail.
The incident reportedly occurred at the Cambridge detention facility Thursday, leading the 35-year-old to be charged with with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Remy, who has been isolated from the other inmates will be arraigned on the new charges April 24 in Cambridge District Court.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox acquire left-hander Ryan Verdugo from Royals
- Players of the Week, 7/7-13: Alex Hassan & Steven Wright
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson powers Greenville past Rome
- Cup of Coffee: Moore homers twice to power Spinners
- Weekly Notes: Boston turns to Vazquez, Owens' star shines bright
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero leads PawSox, Spinners fall at Fenway
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson keeps rolling, Blair hits game-winner
- Scouting Scratch: Allen Webster and Dalier Hinojosa
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket's offense explodes, Portland swept
- Cup of Coffee: Knuckleballer Wright cruises in Pawtucket, Portland drops two