Red Sox lineup: Grady Sizemore mans leadoff spot; David Ortiz out; Will Middlebrooks, Mike Carp late scratches
|04.05.14 at 3:04 pm ET|
With Brewers’ right-hander Wily Peralta on the mound (see video below showing Peralta doing a face-plant during Friday’s introductions), Grady Sizemore gets the call to hit leadoff. The move was also facilitated by the absence of David Ortiz in the lineup, with Mike Carp playing first base and Mike Napoli serving as the designated hitter.
UPDATE: Carp was scratched due to lower back tightness, with Jonny Gomes filling in at left field and Daniel Nava at first while Will Middlebrooks was scratched with a tight right calf. He was replaced by Jonathan Herrera at third.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup in Game 2 of their three-game set with Milwaukee:
Daniel Nava 1B
Mike Napoli DH
Xander Bogaerts SS
Jonny Gomes LF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr. RF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot