Red Sox lineup: Grady Sizemore mans leadoff spot; David Ortiz out; Will Middlebrooks, Mike Carp late scratches
|04.05.14 at 3:04 pm ET|
With Brewers’ right-hander Wily Peralta on the mound (see video below showing Peralta doing a face-plant during Friday’s introductions), Grady Sizemore gets the call to hit leadoff. The move was also facilitated by the absence of David Ortiz in the lineup, with Mike Carp playing first base and Mike Napoli serving as the designated hitter.
UPDATE: Carp was scratched due to lower back tightness, with Jonny Gomes filling in at left field and Daniel Nava at first while Will Middlebrooks was scratched with a tight right calf. He was replaced by Jonathan Herrera at third.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup in Game 2 of their three-game set with Milwaukee:
Daniel Nava 1B
Mike Napoli DH
Xander Bogaerts SS
Jonny Gomes LF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr. RF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday