Red Sox lineup: Grady Sizemore mans leadoff spot; David Ortiz out; Will Middlebrooks, Mike Carp late scratches
|04.05.14 at 3:04 pm ET|
With Brewers’ right-hander Wily Peralta on the mound (see video below showing Peralta doing a face-plant during Friday’s introductions), Grady Sizemore gets the call to hit leadoff. The move was also facilitated by the absence of David Ortiz in the lineup, with Mike Carp playing first base and Mike Napoli serving as the designated hitter.
UPDATE: Carp was scratched due to lower back tightness, with Jonny Gomes filling in at left field and Daniel Nava at first while Will Middlebrooks was scratched with a tight right calf. He was replaced by Jonathan Herrera at third.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup in Game 2 of their three-game set with Milwaukee:
Daniel Nava 1B
Mike Napoli DH
Xander Bogaerts SS
Jonny Gomes LF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr. RF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies