Red Sox lineup: Jonathan Herrera back at third, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center
|04.06.14 at 10:08 am ET|
As the Red Sox look to avoid a sweep at the hands of the Brewers, they will feature a lineup with Jonathan Herrera at third base and Jackie Bradley Jr. in center field. Third baseman Will Middlebrooks remains out due to a calf injury that will require an MRI this morning; Bradley gets the start in center with Grady Sizemore sitting out of a day game following a (very late) night game. David Ross will be behind the plate for Jon Lester.
The Red Sox lineup has limited familiarity with Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo, whose only other appearance against Boston came in 2011. The Brewers likewise have seen little of Lester, save for first baseman Lyle Overbay, who owns a career .321/.387/.607 line against the left-hander in 31 plate appearances. For complete matchup information, click here. For comprehensive Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Jonny Gomes, LF
Jonathan Herrera, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
David Ross, C
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo