Red Sox lineup: Jonathan Herrera back at third, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center
|04.06.14 at 10:08 am ET|
As the Red Sox look to avoid a sweep at the hands of the Brewers, they will feature a lineup with Jonathan Herrera at third base and Jackie Bradley Jr. in center field. Third baseman Will Middlebrooks remains out due to a calf injury that will require an MRI this morning; Bradley gets the start in center with Grady Sizemore sitting out of a day game following a (very late) night game. David Ross will be behind the plate for Jon Lester.
The Red Sox lineup has limited familiarity with Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo, whose only other appearance against Boston came in 2011. The Brewers likewise have seen little of Lester, save for first baseman Lyle Overbay, who owns a career .321/.387/.607 line against the left-hander in 31 plate appearances. For complete matchup information, click here. For comprehensive Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Jonny Gomes, LF
Jonathan Herrera, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
David Ross, C
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption
- Support SoxProspects in 2017