Red Sox lineup: Jonathan Herrera back at third, Jackie Bradley Jr. in center
|04.06.14 at 10:08 am ET|
As the Red Sox look to avoid a sweep at the hands of the Brewers, they will feature a lineup with Jonathan Herrera at third base and Jackie Bradley Jr. in center field. Third baseman Will Middlebrooks remains out due to a calf injury that will require an MRI this morning; Bradley gets the start in center with Grady Sizemore sitting out of a day game following a (very late) night game. David Ross will be behind the plate for Jon Lester.
The Red Sox lineup has limited familiarity with Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo, whose only other appearance against Boston came in 2011. The Brewers likewise have seen little of Lester, save for first baseman Lyle Overbay, who owns a career .321/.387/.607 line against the left-hander in 31 plate appearances. For complete matchup information, click here. For comprehensive Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Jonny Gomes, LF
Jonathan Herrera, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
David Ross, C
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Moncada homers before promotion
- Moncada, Beeks, Taylor promoted to Portland