White House lawyers talking to Samsung about David Ortiz’s presidential selfie
|04.06.14 at 6:06 pm ET|
White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” Sunday morning that the White House expressed its concerns to mobile company Samsung about its efforts to capitalize on the selfie that Red Sox slugger David Ortiz took with President Barack Obama, suggesting that the matter was being discussed by lawyers.
The president “obviously didn’t know anything about Samsung’s connection to this,” Pfeiffer said Sunday on “Face the Nation. “And perhaps maybe this will be the end of all selfies. But in general, whenever someone tries to use the president’s likeness to promote a product, that’s a problem with the White House.”
The White House issue appears to be with Samsung rather than with Ortiz. Asked about the matter after Sunday’s game, Ortiz suggested he had little to add to the conversation.
“I got no comment on that. I mean, I’m just a guy that I got signed by Samsung in the offseason. Not too much I can say about it. I’m trying to focus on baseball right now, and just move on,” Ortiz said. “Samsung has a lot of money and the White House has a lot of money, too. They’ll be cool with each other.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Moncada homers before promotion
- Moncada, Beeks, Taylor promoted to Portland