White House lawyers talking to Samsung about David Ortiz’s presidential selfie
|04.06.14 at 6:06 pm ET|
White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” Sunday morning that the White House expressed its concerns to mobile company Samsung about its efforts to capitalize on the selfie that Red Sox slugger David Ortiz took with President Barack Obama, suggesting that the matter was being discussed by lawyers.
The president “obviously didn’t know anything about Samsung’s connection to this,” Pfeiffer said Sunday on “Face the Nation. “And perhaps maybe this will be the end of all selfies. But in general, whenever someone tries to use the president’s likeness to promote a product, that’s a problem with the White House.”
The White House issue appears to be with Samsung rather than with Ortiz. Asked about the matter after Sunday’s game, Ortiz suggested he had little to add to the conversation.
“I got no comment on that. I mean, I’m just a guy that I got signed by Samsung in the offseason. Not too much I can say about it. I’m trying to focus on baseball right now, and just move on,” Ortiz said. “Samsung has a lot of money and the White House has a lot of money, too. They’ll be cool with each other.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville