Dodged bullet? No disabled list for Dustin Pedroia, Koji Uehara
|04.14.14 at 8:13 pm ET|
The Red Sox, who faced concerns about the possibility of losing a pair of critical roster members in closer Koji Uehara (shoulder stiffness) and second baseman Dustin Pedroia (left wrist soreness), received positive news in the examinations of both players at Mass. General Hospital on Monday (an off-day for the Red Sox). Neither player was diagnosed with structural damage, and so both will avoid a stint on the disabled list. They’re being described as day-to-day entering the series against the White Sox.
Here is the Red Sox press release:
Dustin Pedroia today underwent an MRI at Massachusetts General Hospital that revealed inflammation in his left wrist, and no fractures. He will rejoin the Red Sox in Chicago tomorrow, and his status is day-to-day.
Koji Uehara underwent an MRI today at MGH that revealed no structural damage in his right shoulder. He will rejoin the club in Chicago tomorrow, and his status is day-to-day.
Shane Victorino is scheduled to begin a rehabilitation assignment with one of the club’s minor league affiliates later this week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Scouting Scratch: Aaron Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Monge carries Salem, Butler lifts Pawtucket
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case