John Farrell on Dale & Holley: No fracture/ligament issues for Mike Napoli; Dustin Pedroia to lead off
|04.16.14 at 2:44 pm ET|
Appearing on Wednesday’s Dale & Holley show, Red Sox manager John Farrell said that Mike Napoli, who injured his left ring finger while sliding head-first into second base Tuesday night, is still day-to-day. Farrell noted Napoli‘s finger has no fracture or ligament issues and will be day-to-day (sitting out Wednesday night’s game) while he waits for the swelling to go down.
Farrell also said Dustin Pedroia, who hadn’t started since Saturday due to a sore left wrist, will be in the leadoff spot Wednesday night. Pedroia underwent a cortisone shot Monday and re-appeared in the ninth inning Tuesday when pinch-running for Napoli.
Koji Uehara was scheduled to throw a bullpen Wednesday, with Farrell saying the closer continues to progress from a sore right shoulder.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered