John Farrell on Dale & Holley: No fracture/ligament issues for Mike Napoli; Dustin Pedroia to lead off
|04.16.14 at 2:44 pm ET|
Appearing on Wednesday’s Dale & Holley show, Red Sox manager John Farrell said that Mike Napoli, who injured his left ring finger while sliding head-first into second base Tuesday night, is still day-to-day. Farrell noted Napoli‘s finger has no fracture or ligament issues and will be day-to-day (sitting out Wednesday night’s game) while he waits for the swelling to go down.
Farrell also said Dustin Pedroia, who hadn’t started since Saturday due to a sore left wrist, will be in the leadoff spot Wednesday night. Pedroia underwent a cortisone shot Monday and re-appeared in the ninth inning Tuesday when pinch-running for Napoli.
Koji Uehara was scheduled to throw a bullpen Wednesday, with Farrell saying the closer continues to progress from a sore right shoulder.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists