Red Sox lineup: Dustin Pedroia leading off; Daniel Nava starts at first base
|04.16.14 at 4:11 pm ET|
With left-hander John Danks on the mound for the White Sox, the Red Sox send out a lineup with Dustin Pedroia hitting leadoff. It’s Pedroia’s first start since Saturday (due to a sore left wrist), with the second baseman having pinch-run for Mike Napoli Tuesday night.
With Napoli out of the lineup, Daniel Nava gets the start at first base. Moving up in the order is shortstop Xander Bogaerts, who will hit second. The Red Sox have yet to score a first inning run this season.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup:
Xander Bogaerts SS
David Ortiz DH
Jonny Gomes RF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Daniel Nava 1B
Ryan Roberts 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr. CF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts