Red Sox lineup: Dustin Pedroia leading off; Daniel Nava starts at first base
|04.16.14 at 4:11 pm ET|
With left-hander John Danks on the mound for the White Sox, the Red Sox send out a lineup with Dustin Pedroia hitting leadoff. It’s Pedroia’s first start since Saturday (due to a sore left wrist), with the second baseman having pinch-run for Mike Napoli Tuesday night.
With Napoli out of the lineup, Daniel Nava gets the start at first base. Moving up in the order is shortstop Xander Bogaerts, who will hit second. The Red Sox have yet to score a first inning run this season.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup:
Xander Bogaerts SS
David Ortiz DH
Jonny Gomes RF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Daniel Nava 1B
Ryan Roberts 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr. CF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras