Red Sox vs. Orioles Patriots’ Day Live Blog
|04.21.14 at 10:40 am ET|
Gut Morgen! (The most appropriate Patriots’ Day greeting imaginable.)
The Red Sox and Orioles are ready for the quick turnaround at Fenway Park, with first pitch on Patriots’ Day scheduled for just over 12 hours after the Red Sox walked off with their 6-5 victory on Sunday night. Clay Buchholz (in advance of starting on Monday), Mike Napoli (in order to receive treatment on his knee, which got hit by a pitch last night) and John Lackey all spent the night at the ballpark. Other players seemed to be waking up as they made it to the ballpark at a time unfamiliar since spring training.
“We’ll be there — I can’t say with bells on — but we’ll be raring to go,” said Sox manager John Farrell.
Follow all the Fenway Park action from this spectacular sporting day — with the latest news, pictures, updates and analysis from the pressbox — in the live blog below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine