Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
|04.24.14 at 3:32 pm ET|
According to Yahoo’s Jeff Passan, Pineda’s suspension will be paid, and the 25-year-old right-hander will not be forced to pay a fine.
Both Pineda and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman admitted they expected a suspension immediately following the game, although New York manager Joe Girardi claimed he would “talk to MLB about” changing Rule 8.02(b) in the future.
Should Pineda accept the league’s ruling and begin his suspension without an appeal, he will be eligible to pitch again May 4 against the Rays, missing one start and delaying another.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando