Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
|04.24.14 at 3:32 pm ET|
According to Yahoo’s Jeff Passan, Pineda’s suspension will be paid, and the 25-year-old right-hander will not be forced to pay a fine.
Both Pineda and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman admitted they expected a suspension immediately following the game, although New York manager Joe Girardi claimed he would “talk to MLB about” changing Rule 8.02(b) in the future.
Should Pineda accept the league’s ruling and begin his suspension without an appeal, he will be eligible to pitch again May 4 against the Rays, missing one start and delaying another.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens