Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
|04.24.14 at 3:32 pm ET|
According to Yahoo’s Jeff Passan, Pineda’s suspension will be paid, and the 25-year-old right-hander will not be forced to pay a fine.
Both Pineda and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman admitted they expected a suspension immediately following the game, although New York manager Joe Girardi claimed he would “talk to MLB about” changing Rule 8.02(b) in the future.
Should Pineda accept the league’s ruling and begin his suspension without an appeal, he will be eligible to pitch again May 4 against the Rays, missing one start and delaying another.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo