It’s uniform day at Fenway Park (Terry Francona would not fit in)
|05.02.14 at 10:57 am ET|
A few establishments around town are getting on board as well ‘ for example, if you wear your Majestic Red Sox Jersey to Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill’s Fenway location on May 2, you’ll receive half off all appetizers, and at Who’s on First there’ll be no waiting in line and 10 percent off your food bill if you’re in a jersey.
It offers a reminder regarding the days when Terry Francona wouldn’t wear his uniform top in games, choosing instead to wear his Majestic pullover. It got to a point where MLB executive Bob Watson came down to the dugout in the middle of a game at Yankee Stadium to check on Francona’s attire.
Francona did return to Fenway in 2012 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, wearing his No. 47. He did, however, take it off and throw to a fan before exiting the field.
For more on all things Red Sox uniforms, go to Uni Watch: The Obsessive Study of Athletics Aesthetics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings