It’s uniform day at Fenway Park (Terry Francona would not fit in)
|05.02.14 at 10:57 am ET|
A few establishments around town are getting on board as well ‘ for example, if you wear your Majestic Red Sox Jersey to Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill’s Fenway location on May 2, you’ll receive half off all appetizers, and at Who’s on First there’ll be no waiting in line and 10 percent off your food bill if you’re in a jersey.
It offers a reminder regarding the days when Terry Francona wouldn’t wear his uniform top in games, choosing instead to wear his Majestic pullover. It got to a point where MLB executive Bob Watson came down to the dugout in the middle of a game at Yankee Stadium to check on Francona’s attire.
Francona did return to Fenway in 2012 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, wearing his No. 47. He did, however, take it off and throw to a fan before exiting the field.
For more on all things Red Sox uniforms, go to Uni Watch: The Obsessive Study of Athletics Aesthetics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan