It’s uniform day at Fenway Park (Terry Francona would not fit in)
|05.02.14 at 10:57 am ET|
A few establishments around town are getting on board as well ‘ for example, if you wear your Majestic Red Sox Jersey to Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill’s Fenway location on May 2, you’ll receive half off all appetizers, and at Who’s on First there’ll be no waiting in line and 10 percent off your food bill if you’re in a jersey.
It offers a reminder regarding the days when Terry Francona wouldn’t wear his uniform top in games, choosing instead to wear his Majestic pullover. It got to a point where MLB executive Bob Watson came down to the dugout in the middle of a game at Yankee Stadium to check on Francona’s attire.
Francona did return to Fenway in 2012 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, wearing his No. 47. He did, however, take it off and throw to a fan before exiting the field.
For more on all things Red Sox uniforms, go to Uni Watch: The Obsessive Study of Athletics Aesthetics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers