It’s uniform day at Fenway Park (Terry Francona would not fit in)
|05.02.14 at 10:57 am ET|
A few establishments around town are getting on board as well ‘ for example, if you wear your Majestic Red Sox Jersey to Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill’s Fenway location on May 2, you’ll receive half off all appetizers, and at Who’s on First there’ll be no waiting in line and 10 percent off your food bill if you’re in a jersey.
It offers a reminder regarding the days when Terry Francona wouldn’t wear his uniform top in games, choosing instead to wear his Majestic pullover. It got to a point where MLB executive Bob Watson came down to the dugout in the middle of a game at Yankee Stadium to check on Francona’s attire.
Francona did return to Fenway in 2012 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, wearing his No. 47. He did, however, take it off and throw to a fan before exiting the field.
For more on all things Red Sox uniforms, go to Uni Watch: The Obsessive Study of Athletics Aesthetics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson