Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli sits, Mike Carp at first base against A’s RHP Sonny Gray
|05.04.14 at 11:38 am ET|
With Mike Napoli still recovering from the dislocated finger he suffered on his left hand, the Red Sox are giving their everyday first baseman Sunday afternoon off so that, in combination with Monday’s off-day, he will get back-to-back days of rest. In Napoli’s place, the Red Sox lineup will feature Mike Carp at first base against A’s sensation Sonny Gray.
The lineup also features the return of Shane Victorino after a day off on Saturday. Grady Sizemore is in left field, with Jonny Gomes — one day removed from his grand slam — back on the bench. A.J. Pierzynski will be paired with John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, 1B
A.J. Pierzynski, C
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Grady Sizemore, LF
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two