Edward Mujica avoids disabled list
|05.06.14 at 5:39 pm ET|
Red Sox right-hander Edward Mujica threw a bullpen session on Tuesday afternoon, and with no signs of the discomfort in his right oblique that prevented him from entering Friday’s game, he will avoid the disabled list. After Mujica threw from 90 feet without discomfort on Sunday and went through additional treatment and activity during Monday’s off-day, the Red Sox had been optimistic that the 29-year-old would not force a roster move, and Tuesday’s bullpen session confirmed it.
Mujica has given up 10 runs in 10 innings this year while striking out six and yielding four walks in 11 games this year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Edwin Escobar impresses with dazzling playoff performance
- Cup of Coffee: Extra inning victories kick off playoff action
- The Write-Up: Brandon Workman
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop two in Championship Series
- August Players of the Month: Manuel Margot and Brian Johnson
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox win league championship
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts
- ESPN Boston: Farm clubs faring well
- Cup of Coffee: Rusney Castillo debuts, PawSox clinch wild card