Edward Mujica avoids disabled list
|05.06.14 at 5:39 pm ET|
Red Sox right-hander Edward Mujica threw a bullpen session on Tuesday afternoon, and with no signs of the discomfort in his right oblique that prevented him from entering Friday’s game, he will avoid the disabled list. After Mujica threw from 90 feet without discomfort on Sunday and went through additional treatment and activity during Monday’s off-day, the Red Sox had been optimistic that the 29-year-old would not force a roster move, and Tuesday’s bullpen session confirmed it.
Mujica has given up 10 runs in 10 innings this year while striking out six and yielding four walks in 11 games this year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system