Edward Mujica avoids disabled list
|05.06.14 at 5:39 pm ET|
Red Sox right-hander Edward Mujica threw a bullpen session on Tuesday afternoon, and with no signs of the discomfort in his right oblique that prevented him from entering Friday’s game, he will avoid the disabled list. After Mujica threw from 90 feet without discomfort on Sunday and went through additional treatment and activity during Monday’s off-day, the Red Sox had been optimistic that the 29-year-old would not force a roster move, and Tuesday’s bullpen session confirmed it.
Mujica has given up 10 runs in 10 innings this year while striking out six and yielding four walks in 11 games this year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler