Edward Mujica avoids disabled list
|05.06.14 at 5:39 pm ET|
Red Sox right-hander Edward Mujica threw a bullpen session on Tuesday afternoon, and with no signs of the discomfort in his right oblique that prevented him from entering Friday’s game, he will avoid the disabled list. After Mujica threw from 90 feet without discomfort on Sunday and went through additional treatment and activity during Monday’s off-day, the Red Sox had been optimistic that the 29-year-old would not force a roster move, and Tuesday’s bullpen session confirmed it.
Mujica has given up 10 runs in 10 innings this year while striking out six and yielding four walks in 11 games this year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo