Edward Mujica avoids disabled list
|05.06.14 at 5:39 pm ET|
Red Sox right-hander Edward Mujica threw a bullpen session on Tuesday afternoon, and with no signs of the discomfort in his right oblique that prevented him from entering Friday’s game, he will avoid the disabled list. After Mujica threw from 90 feet without discomfort on Sunday and went through additional treatment and activity during Monday’s off-day, the Red Sox had been optimistic that the 29-year-old would not force a roster move, and Tuesday’s bullpen session confirmed it.
Mujica has given up 10 runs in 10 innings this year while striking out six and yielding four walks in 11 games this year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats