Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks a late scratch due to soreness in right hand
|05.11.14 at 11:45 am ET|
Will Middlebrooks, who originally was in the Red Sox‘ lineup Sunday, was a late scratch due to soreness in his right hand. The third baseman, who was replaced by Jonathan Herrera, was hit by a pitch in the hand Saturday.
With another left-hander on the mound for the Rangers — this time Robbie Ross Jr. getting the start — Jonny Gomes is back in left field for the Red Sox in their series finale in Texas.
In his last eight games when facing a lefty, Gomes is hitting .375 (6-for-16) with a 1.161 OPS.
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
A.J. Pierzynski C
Jackie Bradley CF
Jonathan Herrera 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory