Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks a late scratch due to soreness in right hand
|05.11.14 at 11:45 am ET|
Will Middlebrooks, who originally was in the Red Sox‘ lineup Sunday, was a late scratch due to soreness in his right hand. The third baseman, who was replaced by Jonathan Herrera, was hit by a pitch in the hand Saturday.
With another left-hander on the mound for the Rangers — this time Robbie Ross Jr. getting the start — Jonny Gomes is back in left field for the Red Sox in their series finale in Texas.
In his last eight games when facing a lefty, Gomes is hitting .375 (6-for-16) with a 1.161 OPS.
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
A.J. Pierzynski C
Jackie Bradley CF
Jonathan Herrera 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again