Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks a late scratch due to soreness in right hand
|05.11.14 at 11:45 am ET|
Will Middlebrooks, who originally was in the Red Sox‘ lineup Sunday, was a late scratch due to soreness in his right hand. The third baseman, who was replaced by Jonathan Herrera, was hit by a pitch in the hand Saturday.
With another left-hander on the mound for the Rangers — this time Robbie Ross Jr. getting the start — Jonny Gomes is back in left field for the Red Sox in their series finale in Texas.
In his last eight games when facing a lefty, Gomes is hitting .375 (6-for-16) with a 1.161 OPS.
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
A.J. Pierzynski C
Jackie Bradley CF
Jonathan Herrera 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome