Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks a late scratch due to soreness in right hand
|05.11.14 at 11:45 am ET|
Will Middlebrooks, who originally was in the Red Sox‘ lineup Sunday, was a late scratch due to soreness in his right hand. The third baseman, who was replaced by Jonathan Herrera, was hit by a pitch in the hand Saturday.
With another left-hander on the mound for the Rangers — this time Robbie Ross Jr. getting the start — Jonny Gomes is back in left field for the Red Sox in their series finale in Texas.
In his last eight games when facing a lefty, Gomes is hitting .375 (6-for-16) with a 1.161 OPS.
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
A.J. Pierzynski C
Jackie Bradley CF
Jonathan Herrera 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler
- Red Sox announce front office moves
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Playoffs begin, Marban pitches well in Australia
- Betts, Castillo highlight Red Sox Rookie Development Program participants