Red Sox lineup: Will Middlebrooks a late scratch due to soreness in right hand
|05.11.14 at 11:45 am ET|
Will Middlebrooks, who originally was in the Red Sox‘ lineup Sunday, was a late scratch due to soreness in his right hand. The third baseman, who was replaced by Jonathan Herrera, was hit by a pitch in the hand Saturday.
With another left-hander on the mound for the Rangers — this time Robbie Ross Jr. getting the start — Jonny Gomes is back in left field for the Red Sox in their series finale in Texas.
In his last eight games when facing a lefty, Gomes is hitting .375 (6-for-16) with a 1.161 OPS.
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
A.J. Pierzynski C
Jackie Bradley CF
Jonathan Herrera 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Let the games begin