John Farrell to add Terry Francona, Ron Gardenhire to All-Star coaching staff
|05.13.14 at 8:47 pm ET|
MINNEAPOLIS — The Red Sox are in Minnesota for the start of a three-game represent that represents the team’s only visit to play the Twins this season. But for several members of the organization, it’s not the only trip that they’ll make to Minnesota this year.
With the 2014 All-Star Game set to take place at Target Field, Red Sox manager John Farrell and the members of his coaching staff are assured of a return trip to Minnesota this summer. Farrell has previously taken part in a pair of All-Star games, first as a member of former Red Sox skipper Terry Francona‘s staff in 2008 and more recently as part of Texas manager Ron Washington‘s staff in 2011. Now, Farrell will return the favor for Francona, as the Red Sox skipper said that he’ll invite his longtime friend as well as Twins manager Ron Gardenhire — who as the manager of the team that hails from the All-Star Game’s host city, made a natural fit for the staff — to join him during the All-Star Game.
“It’s just an honor that our coaches and myself have a chance to be around the game’s current greatest players. It’s an honor for us,” said Farrell. “It’s a meaningful game. and to be associated with the spectacle of a midsummer classic is something that we’ll always remember and for a couple of us, this is the second time we’ve been fortunate enough to be part of it. and it will get here in time, but we’re looking forward to those days.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two