John Farrell to add Terry Francona, Ron Gardenhire to All-Star coaching staff
|05.13.14 at 8:47 pm ET|
MINNEAPOLIS — The Red Sox are in Minnesota for the start of a three-game represent that represents the team’s only visit to play the Twins this season. But for several members of the organization, it’s not the only trip that they’ll make to Minnesota this year.
With the 2014 All-Star Game set to take place at Target Field, Red Sox manager John Farrell and the members of his coaching staff are assured of a return trip to Minnesota this summer. Farrell has previously taken part in a pair of All-Star games, first as a member of former Red Sox skipper Terry Francona‘s staff in 2008 and more recently as part of Texas manager Ron Washington‘s staff in 2011. Now, Farrell will return the favor for Francona, as the Red Sox skipper said that he’ll invite his longtime friend as well as Twins manager Ron Gardenhire — who as the manager of the team that hails from the All-Star Game’s host city, made a natural fit for the staff — to join him during the All-Star Game.
“It’s just an honor that our coaches and myself have a chance to be around the game’s current greatest players. It’s an honor for us,” said Farrell. “It’s a meaningful game. and to be associated with the spectacle of a midsummer classic is something that we’ll always remember and for a couple of us, this is the second time we’ve been fortunate enough to be part of it. and it will get here in time, but we’re looking forward to those days.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Boston Red Sox: Ranking the Top 10 Prospects Ahead of Spring Training
- Red Sox Spring Training 2017 Preview: Predictions, Players to Watch and...
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016