Will Middlebrooks to DL with fractured finger; Red Sox recall Brock Holt
|05.17.14 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox have placed Will Middlebrooks on the disabled list with a fractured finger and recalled Brock Holt.
Middlebrooks suffered the injury when he took a line drive off his right index finger in the first inning of Boston’s 1-0 loss to Detroit on Friday. He went 0-for-2 with a strikeout in that game before being pinch-hit for in the seventh inning.
On the season, Middlebrooks is hitting .197/.305/.324 with two homers and nine RBI in 21 games.
Holt has played seven games for the Red Sox this season, going 8-for-23 with a triple and four RBI.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi walk-off bomb keeps Drive in hunt
- Updated: Espinoza to Greenville, Allen to Lowell highlight GCL promotions
- Scouting Scratch: Javier Guerra, Michael Chavis, Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox capture second straight league title
- Notes from the Field: Spruill, Marrero, Hernandez in Allentown
- Cup of Coffee: Reign delay for the GCL Red Sox
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals