Will Middlebrooks to DL with fractured finger; Red Sox recall Brock Holt
|05.17.14 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox have placed Will Middlebrooks on the disabled list with a fractured finger and recalled Brock Holt.
Middlebrooks suffered the injury when he took a line drive off his right index finger in the first inning of Boston’s 1-0 loss to Detroit on Friday. He went 0-for-2 with a strikeout in that game before being pinch-hit for in the seventh inning.
On the season, Middlebrooks is hitting .197/.305/.324 with two homers and nine RBI in 21 games.
Holt has played seven games for the Red Sox this season, going 8-for-23 with a triple and four RBI.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven