Will Middlebrooks to DL with fractured finger; Red Sox recall Brock Holt
|05.17.14 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Red Sox have placed Will Middlebrooks on the disabled list with a fractured finger and recalled Brock Holt.
Middlebrooks suffered the injury when he took a line drive off his right index finger in the first inning of Boston’s 1-0 loss to Detroit on Friday. He went 0-for-2 with a strikeout in that game before being pinch-hit for in the seventh inning.
On the season, Middlebrooks is hitting .197/.305/.324 with two homers and nine RBI in 21 games.
Holt has played seven games for the Red Sox this season, going 8-for-23 with a triple and four RBI.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Portland mashes, Johnson headlines strong night of pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers